This wonderful meal does not sound appetizing but it really is delicious. This is healthy for you because it is not a carb 🙂 People are normally scared to try this but once they do they will never go back to normal Spaghetti again!
- 1 spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Place spaghetti squash cut sides down on the prepared baking sheet, and bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a sharp knife can be inserted with only a little resistance. Remove squash from oven, and set aside to cool enough to be easily handled.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic, and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, and cook only until tomatoes are warm.
- Use a large spoon to scoop the stringy pulp from the squash, and place in a medium bowl. Toss with the feta cheese, and basil. Serve warm.