- 5 red bell peppers
- 2 cups of plum pureed tomatos
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 2 small yellow onions, diced
- 1 1/2 pounds of ground turkey
- 2 carrots grated
- pepper to taste
- You need to first slice the tops of 4 of the bell peppers and remove the insides of them and set aside.
- take the left over bell pepper and boil it for 10 mins. and then puree it in a blender. season it with the salt, pepper and sugar.
- heat the oil in a pan and add the onions until they become slightly brown.
- add in the ground turkey and cook for about 12 mins until it is cooked.
- stir in the carrots and 1/2 of the puree that you made in stage 2
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- place the peppers into a deep pan, spoon in the the stuffing and place 1 tablespoon of the puree on top
- place the extra sauce in the bottom of the pan
- bake for 1 hour covered
- then bake for 30 more mins uncovered.
I know this recipe is longer then my other ones, but it is totally worth it!! My friends made me try this recipe and I am so glad they did! I love it!