Hey guys! Today I made Chicken and Shrimp in Tomato-Coconut Sauce. I was in the mood for a hearty but healthy meal. This meal has two types of protein, carbohydrates and vegetables. This is a nice way to end the week!
- Cook white rice following directions on the back of a box.
- Sauté in a pan with 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup of chopped onions
- 1 cup of diced green bell peppers
- A tablespoon minced garlic
- A teaspoon on red pepper flakes
- Add in (once the chicken is almost done):
- 2 cups of chopped tomatoes (in the can is fine)
- 1 cup coconut milk (canned)
- 6 medium shrimp
- ¼ cup sliced scallions
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice and salt to taste.
Total Time: 30 minuets
To serve put over white rice. Feel free to add only shrimp or chicken depending on your preference.
This meal involves logos because this meal only contains 600 calories with 50 grams of protein! This explains why the meal is so healthy for you because getting 50 grams of protein from just one serving is so unheard of! This meal also involves pathos because you can change this meal to what you like to eat. Some people prefer the pescetarian way of life or even you could do it the vegetarian route and use many different vegetables of your liking. Ethos can be found in my photo of the meal I made. I really enjoyed this meal and so did my roommates. I hope everyone enjoys this dish and let me know what you guys think!